Should we be calling this a recap or round-up since we’re posting this after these trends have passed for the most part?
Here’s what you need to know what know about the most trend-obsessed generation in history:
Gen Z Slang
- Face Card – when you’re so attractive that you can pay with your “face card” instead of a credit card (not literally). Beyonce brought the term back in her 2022 song ‘HEATED’, saying “Your face card never declines, my God!”
- Touch Grass –An insult used towards someone who spends too much time online so they need to go outside and reconnect with the real world.
- Rizz – selected by Oxford Dictionary as word of the year, “rizz” is short for “charisma” and can be used as both a noun and a verb
- That guy has serious rizz.
- I rizzed her up when we met at the party last night.
TikTok Trends on the Rise 📱
- “We’re XXX, Of Course We’re Going To” –
- Sharing similarities or experiences with another person who shares the same as you. For example, “We’re siblings, of course were going to fight over who uses the shower first”
- Roommate items trend –
- Showcases your roommates different styles/personalities by showing their shoes, hand-bags, toothbrushes, skincare routine, etc side by side.
Celebrity Drama & News ⭐️
- Taylor Swift announced as 2023 TIME person of the year. Not shocking as she is quite literally the IT girl this year and most likely next year as well. Her headlines never stop!
- Vanessa Hudgens and boyfriend of three years, Cole Tucker, got married in an ultra-private ceremony in Tulum. Celebs like Sarah Hyland and Monique Coleman were in attendance.
Trending TV Shows, Movies, Music, Restaurants, Fashion Styles, Beauty Hacks & More 🤩
- Beauty Trends We’re Trying
- Peach Fuzz – Pantone just announced their 2024 color of the year, Peach Fuzz, & I’d be lying if I said I didn’t already order a few lip glosses & blushes. It’s a peach girl winter!
- Red Lips & Nails – Just in time for the holidays, the color red is coming in strong. From red jackets to red boots, the color has definitely been a top contender all fall long and now it’s the time to let your lips and nails join in on the fun. Pair your lip with a nude lip liner to give the look a subtle boost and avoid the lipstick bleeding past your lip lines!
- Espresso Makeup – Say hello to Latte Makeup’s sister, Espresso makeup, a sultry spin on the original soft brown makeup trend that was huge this summer. This new monochromatic dark brown makeup look has taken the beauty industry by storm with celebs like Hailey Bieber, Megan Thee Stallion, and more seen rocking it.
- Fashion Trends We’re Following
- Sleek Slingbacks – It’s no wonder this shoe is everywhere right now. With a low heel and ways to dress them up or down, they are a timeless staple you need in your closet.
- Red Tights – Adding red tights under a mini skirt or long dress is an easy and affordable way to get in on the red trend this season.
- Knee-High Boots – A timeless closet staple that can be dressed up or down! Pricing ranges from as low as $20 – $1,000+, but trust us when we say that it’s worth the investment for high quality boots! After all, you don’t want them flaking or shedding after only one wear.
- Hottest Restaurants We’re Eating At in NYC
- Sai Less – Brings a new level of elegance to dinner and drinks. Known for its cocktails (A Summer Affair is my personal fav), the second runner up is the assortment of sushi & seafood that leaves you with an unforgettable dining experience.
- Little Ruby’s West Village Location – A step above cafe, the chill vibes and amazing banana bread will keep you coming back.
- Cafe Chelsea – If you want to try a trending TikTok foodie staple, head to Cafe Chelsea in the Chelsea Hotel to try the viral comté cheese ravioli sheet that everyone’s been raving about.
- TV Shows We’re Binging
- The Crown – Netflix dropped part one of The Crown Season 6 on November 1, which focuses on the events prior to Princess Diana’s death. The second part will focus on events leading up to Prince William meeting Kate Middleton, and the monarchy going into the new millennium.
- Selling Sunset – Selling Sunset follows the LA’s most successful realtors who all work at the #1 agency in the Hollywood Hills and the Sunset Strip. The show is back for a seventh season and filled with more drama than ever!
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes – The newest movie in The Hunger Games franchise is out and it is all over social media. This prequel to the hit movies stars Rachel Zegler and Tom Blyth and show us how President Snow became President Snow.
2024 Predictions ⭐️ –
- Glow All Over – With skincare seeming to always advance, in 2024 skincare brands and trends will pivot to giving your body the same love and attention. We’ll see at home treatments and luxury body care take over the internet & our beauty routines.
- Hot Metals – All about those trusty neutrals but make it a bit more edgy. Cool silver and bold chrome tones are IN and here to stay.
- Bow Stacking – We’re already seeing bow details everywhere from fashion to home decor, but we think this trend will only continue to grow in 2024 as people continue to adorn their outfits, shoes, hair and jewelry with this delicate detail.
- Western Gothic – This trend will mix Americana vintage chic with deep moody hues. We know cowboy boots are already in, but expect to see dark colors and sultry touches to fashion and makeup trends in 2024.
Blue Beauty – Bringing back the 2000s blue eyeshadow trend, “blue glam makeup” and “pastel blue eyeshadow” is coming back. We are finding ways to incorporate it into modern beauty routines, whether that be blue mascara, blue nails, and blue hair accessories!
Strategies to Compel Consumers to Splurge on Your Products
Brands strive to entice consumers to spend with them, and spend more. However, in today's...
A Beginner’s Guide to Digital Media
Digital media has become an integral part of people's lives, shaping how they're able to...
What Sustainable And Mission-Driven Branding Means for Consumer Brands
Consumers are no longer swayed by catchy jingles and flashy products. They now seek purposeful...